Creativity Test

Taking a creativity test, I answered 40 questions and received an assessment of my level of creativity measured across 8 different metrics. These questions were widely varied and included a self-assessment, discovering images within a picture, and finding linking words that connect two others together. The characteristics I was measured against were abstraction, connection, perspective, curiosity, boldness, paradox, complexity, and persistence.

I scored 65.81, slightly higher than the typical score of 63.04, which I am quite happy with as I would say that whilst I am a creative person, I still like to make a plan and stick to it!

I am not surprised that I scored lower than average on boldness, as I feel like I sometimes worry too much what others think of me (as I can imagine a lot of people do!), and this can hold me back from pushing the boundaries and contradicting the norm. However, studying Landscape Architecture has really helped me develop this skill as the course involves a lot of group presentations, and finding the deeper meaning and identity to form a concept for a project can often mean wearing your heart on your sleeve.

Taking this test has made me evaluate my creativity and who I am as a designer, and I have enjoyed the process. The answers have encouraged me to start being more creative, accept things as they come, and allow myself to grow as a Landscape Architect. 


All test information came from the website - Free online creativity test - TestMyCreativity

Comments

Popular Posts