Gallery Visit

 

Yesterday I visited Morgan’s, a gallery in Falmouth that has recently opened, which is displaying a range of incredible art within a beautiful building. Most of the pieces that I was drawn to depicted landscapes or plants and inspired me to think, again, about the link between art and landscape architecture. I was attracted to the lush colours, the forms, the subjects portrayed, and I realised that these are the exact elements I also look for in landscapes I love. The trip has inspired me to look to art for inspiration before I begin a project as, whether working with paint or plants, taking an artistic approach opens the door to beautiful outcomes.  

After a quick chat with one of the owners, I found out that the building had been renovated, changing an interior courtyard into the central display space, moving and reusing old stone steps to lead visitors into another space. The use of a high glass ceiling casts beautiful light and shadows across the paintings, whilst the addition of large Olive trees frames the work perfectly, creating a vibrant, airy atmosphere. I love how the outdoors and indoors have almost become one in this space, and how it interacts with the art displayed.


Comments

Popular Posts