Favourite Work

 

As part of this blog we were asked to pick our favourite piece of design work that we have produced over our time at university. For me, it would have to be my latest piece of work, a masterplan created for my Design Projects module – produced as part of an assignment exploring a sense of place and deeper meaning on Alney Island in Gloucester. My design is conceptualised around the Willow tree, which symbolises celebration, life, and healing – all elements I have aimed to encapsulate. My design celebrates the history and culture of Gloucester, whilst the abundant vegetation, green space, and educational buildings aim to bring life and conservation to the site. The design itself is an abstract interpretation of a Willow branch, inspired by a tree resting on the riverbank, the path representing the branch and the various features and elements portraying the leaves. 


The assignment has not yet been marked so I can’t say I like it because of a good mark. For me, it is an amalgamation of everything I have learnt over the past three years and I can see how much I have improved since the first masterplan I produced on this course. I portrayed everything I aspired to and I pushed myself out of my comfort zone as I usually use more muted colours but wanted to experiment with brighter, bolder hues -  I think this worked out, the bright colours complementing my concept of life and celebration, and overall I am happy with the outcome. 

Comments

Popular Posts