Who am I as a Designer? – Three Points that Define my Design Approach

 

Sculpture at Cotehele Gardens, Cornwall

Less is more

This way of thinking is mostly applied to natural landscapes – I think the natural landscape is one of the most beautiful things in life and needs little enhancement to capture interest. I feel leaving a site primarily as it is (flaws included) is a great way to educate people on our natural environment and the ecosystems within it.

 

Sustainability

We, as a human race, have abused this planet in unimaginable ways, so I feel forming a design to be sustainable in any way possible, with the goal of carbon neutral at the least, is a huge part of being a landscape architect.

 

Connection

I am saddened by the loss of connection people have nowadays, with each other, but most importantly with nature. I feel my role as a landscape architect is to encourage these deep connections between people and their landscapes, whether that be through inclusive design or ecosystem services, to ensure the environment is an influential presence throughout life.

Comments

Popular Posts