Plant Sketches

 

As someone who can spend hours perfecting drawings in pencil before even considering the finality of pen, I challenged myself to complete a series of pieces with only fine liner in hand. Using images I had taken this past summer as reference, I sketches apples hanging from a tree, first utilising a simple line style to capture the form, before incorporating mark making to add depth within the image.
 

Lavender was my next target, first sketching a detailed depiction, before drawing a smaller, simpler version. I thoroughly enjoyed this challenge, it took a lot of the pressure out of drawing, as any mistakes were final and I had to work with them. It has also helped me feel more at ease with the design development process, as I normally like everything to be finalised and perfect before anyone else can see it, but sometimes it’s the quick, sketchy drawings that are the most interesting and inspiring.

Comments

Popular Posts