Who am I as a Designer? - Hobbies and Interests

Having hobbies and interests outside of university not only helps me manage my stress levels, but also inspires and motivates me within my work. The following are a few that I feel are the most influential:

Gardening

Over the past couple of years I have increasingly enjoyed gardening during my spare time, I find it so therapeutic and it is such a productive task, I always walk away feeling motivated. I also really enjoy spending time within the natural landscape, and it inspires me to implement local food production opportunities within my design, such as community gardens, in the hope of creating those same experiences for others.



Walking

Growing up in Cornwall, I am surrounded by beautiful landscapes and so have always had an interest in the environment. I enjoy getting out and exploring these landscapes as often as I can as I find it so motivating within my work, and I can often discover inspiration in the most unlikely places, taking photos of the landscapes that particularly interest me.



Art

Taking inspiration from my walks, I will often recreate landscapes that particularly interest me, using a range of techniques and media. I find drawing and painting so relaxing, and it also helps me visual elements of a landscape that I find fascinating and, therefore, others may as well, inspiring my landscape designs.

Comments

Popular Posts